Your daily dental hygiene routine
Follow this simple routine for a perfect daily dental hygiene routine. Toothbrushes, mouthwash, flossing ribbon and tongue scrapers are all available from our practice.
- Brush your mouth morning and night, concentrating on all areas of your teeth and gums
- Use an electric toothbrush for maximum cleaning effect
- Some patients can benefit from a good mouthwash after brushing
- Daily flossing helps to remove plaque and tartar in between your teeth
- We recommend a tongue scraper to remove any debris on your tongue
- And of course a regular dental hygiene appointment with one of our experienced dental hygienists at our London surgery to remove plaque and tartar from those hard to reach areas
These regular cleanings allow our hygienists to help you prevent cavities and gum disease. We will examine your teeth carefully for obvious problems. Then we will gently clean, polish and spray your teeth to a dazzling shine.
Education is a valuable part of good mouth care from childhood onward. When you visit, we will demonstrate to you proper use of dental aids such as toothbrushes and dental floss. We also advise you about any new products coming available for home prevention.
Our Hygienist Sarah now also offers studio tooth whitening on the prescription of the dentist. Get your Essex white smile in less than an hour.
Our hygienists at Perfect Smile Spa
Sarah Brownlie GDC no:10468
Sarah started as a trainee dental nurse in 2000 qualified as a dental nurse in 2004 and did a post dental nursing exam for oral health education in 2007. Sarah has now reached her goal and qualified from the University of Essex with a foundation degree in oral health sciences with distinction in 2010.
She has been a member of our friendly team for many yearsand works every Tuesday 9:30 – 5:30 and alternative Thursdays.
Sarah has a very chilled and calming manner which helps put her patients at ease.
Sarah is able to provide a professional cleaning through scale and polishing for maintenance, deep cleanings to treat gum disease, placement of periochips, air polishing (to remove stains from tea/coffee/smoking) local anaesthetic, topical fluoride application and tooth whitening with a prescription from your dentist.
Too many times we hear at the dentist, that patients have had an unpleasant previous experience so not visited the dentist/hygienist for years. This is usually due to pain or bad attitude of the dentist/hygienist. Sarah is very friendly and will listen to your concerns and try make the visits as pain free and comfortable as possible.