What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are titanium screws that are placed in the jaw bone. A post is then secured to the dental implant and either a crown, bridge or denture can be fixed to this.
The advantages of implants:
- The titanium screws act like a root making the crown more stable
- Some people can be allergic to the materials that are used to create dentures whereas implants are completely bio-acceptable
- Speech is generally better with implants as dentures can be quite irritating and they have to be removed at night.
- There are no sore points with implants as they do not move
- Your ability to chew is completely restored